Genestra Multi Mins 90 Capsules
Vegan-friendly formula for bone health
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
- An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Helps to form red blood cells and helps in their proper function
- Helps to prevent manganese and chromium deficiency
Multi Mins is a multi-mineral combination that helps support bone and red blood cell formation. As bones constantly undergo remodelling, adequate intake of minerals is necessary to promote the bone forming stage of remodelling. Calcium and phosphorus are primarily involved in bone mineralization. Approximately 99% of calcium is found in the skeleton, where it supports bone formation and decreases bone loss to help reduce the incidence of fractures. Nearly 60% of magnesium is found in bone, where it mediates bone forming osteoblast activity and calcium metabolism. The rigid bone matrix contains polysaccharides produced from manganese and collagen, the connective tissue synthesized and strengthened by zinc and copper. Individuals with osteoporosis may have lower levels of serum calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, chromium, iron and selenium. Research demonstrates that combined supplementation with calcium, zinc, manganese, and copper significantly improves bone gain in post-menopausal women, a life-stage group at risk for developing osteoporosis. Copper also interacts with iron to help form red blood cells. Copper is a cofactor for ceruloplasmin, which oxidizes iron to Fe3+, allowing iron to bind its transport protein transferrin. Iron can then be delivered to the bone marrow for the formation of red blood cells, which transport oxygen through the body.