Natural Factors DGL Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root Extract 400mg 180 Chewable Tablets. For ulcers
- Helps heal peptic ulcers and prevent their recurrence
- Inhibits H. pylori, the bacteria believed to cause some stomach ulcers and chronic gastritis
- Stimulates mucin production to protect the stomach lining
- Helps treat other stomach complaints including indigestion and heartburn
- Heals canker sores when used as a mouth wash
DGL stimulates and/or accelerates the factors that protect against ulcer including increasing the production of mucin – the protective coating in the stomach and intestines.
Numerous studies over the years have found DGL to be an effective anti-ulcer compound. In several head to head comparison studies,
DGL has been shown to be more effective than either Tagamet, Zantac or antacids in both short-term treatment and maintenance therapy of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
DGL is composed of several flavonoids that have been shown to inhibit H. pylori.
Each Tablet Contains: Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice 10:1 Extract (Glycyrrhiza glabra) (root).................... 400 mg Providing 4000 mg crude herb licorice