Genestra Multi B 60 Tablets
Vegetarian-friendly vitamin B complex
- Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Helps normal growth and development
- Helps in tissue and red blood cell formation
- Helps to prevent deficiency of all eight B vitamins
- Also includes betaine hydrochloride, inositol, and choline
Multi B is a vitamin complex that includes all eight B vitamins, betaine hydrochloride, inositol, and choline for the maintenance of good health. B vitamins help mediate hundreds of enzymatic reactions, including the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Niacin, thiamine and biotin help to provide substrates for energy production in the Krebs cycle, while pantothenic acid is used for the formation of the key neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain. Riboflavin is needed to activate the coenzyme forms of vitamin B6 and folate, which are involved in amino acid metabolism and DNA synthesis, respectively. Folic acid and vitamin B12 help mediate the formation of red blood cells, which help transport oxygen through the body. Malabsorption of vitamin B12 from food, but not supplements, increases with age as elderly individuals may not produce enough gastric acid to release the vitamin when it is bound to food.