Genestra Super EFA Liquid Plus D 200 ml
Vitamin D-rich EPA and DHA
- Provides 820 mg of EPA and 590 mg of DHA per teaspoon
- Supports cardiovascular health, cognitive health and brain function
- Helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age
- Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency by providing 1000 IU of vitamin D3 per teaspoon
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
Super EFA Liquid Plus D is a combination of vitamin D and essential omega-3 fatty acids that helps to maintain bone and cognitive health. It is estimated that nearly one third of Canadians have low vitamin D levels. Four hundred IU per day of vitamin D helps to support bone growth in infants and young children, while 600 IU daily helps maximize bone health in adolescents and adults. Daily supplementation with 800 IU of vitamin D helps to maximize bone health in adults over 70 years of age and may help decrease the risk of hip or non-vertebral fractures by nearly 25%.Rods and cones in the retina are rich in DHA, demonstrating that the omega-3 fatty acid is necessary for the proper development of retinal structure and visual acuity in young children. DHA is also the most abundant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, and is especially essential to support pre- and postnatal brain development. Supplementation with fish oils has been associated with the maintenance of neuron function in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory, indicating their beneficial effect on cognitive health.